Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday Funnies

We were getting ready to go to Bible class and I told B. to brush her teeth. She was mid-twirl and mumbled an "OK momma...I...just...need...to...finish...my...kurtzy". A few minutes later, I was in my bathroom finishing my hair and B. walks in. She stands there, in the middle of the bathroom floor, with a dazed look on her face. She slowly turns around like she is looking for some long lost item. Me..."What's up"? B..."I don't know what I'm doing in here". Throwing her hands up in the air she heads out of my bathroom, shaking her head..."I really do have short term loss!!!"

B. had been on the phone to her Nana for a little while. She is really into pacing the house and going to her room "for a little privacy" while chatting, and after disappearing for a while she returns with the phone against her ear. She listens for a moment and then matter~of~factly says "I have nothing to say to you. Bye Nana. Love you".

Our old congregation had a 1:00 service scheduled after a luncheon {and a full morning of class and assembly}. We had those every 5th Sunday, but this particular Sunday there was also a skating trip planned for the evening. B. was so excited, she had talked about it for days beforehand {not sure why I told her that early. I know better than that! Rookie mistake}. As we were getting settled on the pew for the 2nd service, B. tosses her head back with disgust and moans "W H Y do we have to have looooong church today? Does {our preacher} have to talk?" "Yes honey, we will have a sermon now, too". "Oh, great. We'll be here all night".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So hard to teach my boys some manners if I am trying really hard not to laugh at what they said/did. Because, believe me, it only encourages it more if they catch a glimpse of a smile. One time I was laughing at a funny offense, and Dimple Cheeks thought I was crying and he was feeling so bad...I just went with it, I could NOT let him know that I was laughing so hard...and it worked, the behavior disappeared. Oh the things I do, bribery, pretending crying, yelling, whispering...anything to get their attention. What your little one says though is so precious and funny...keep writing those things down. You will cherish them for years to come, and then you can mortify her when she is about 15 and has friends around!
Hugs,
Suzi