One of my favorite things is reading and talking about relationships. Single relationships, marriage relationships, parent-child relationships, friendships, just about anything you can add ship to. I chose a degree and career that played into that. I hit these isles at the christian bookstore as often as I can. It's a huge part of my life. HUGE. Lately, I've noticed a lot of books about being overwhelmed. An overwhelmed parent, an overwhelmed child, an overwhelmed christian. As I sat talking with a friend one day, she complained about her kids being overwhelmed with homework, her husband being overwhelmed with his work schedule, and her being overwhelmed with trying to keep up with everything else. Her desperation was evident. Her exhaustion, her list of "to-do's", her piles and piles of laundry are ever mounting and she is sinking further and further into a never-ending ocean of stress. Listening to her was, well, overwhelming . I found myself suggesting several books and a great website. I left thinking how much I wished there was an all encompassing resource. How there was one book, if read and put into daily practice, would be a blueprint for keeping it all together. Then, like writing on the wall, I passed a church marquise that read "A Bible falling apart belongs to a person who isn't". There it was. In huge letters, high about the street. The simple truth I needed to remember. God gave us the ultimate "self-help" guide. He provided that blueprint. We may read every book ever written about our "issues", but they will never give the peace that comes from being in God's Word. My love of all things relational has provided me some really great tips, suggestions, options, even spreadsheets. They are great tools. But, if I want to "keep it all together" I have to wear out my Bible.
"The entrance of Your words gives light; It gives understanding to the simple". Psalm 119:130.
🍂 📖 introducing the NEW Fall 2026 Bible Study 📖 🍂
10 hours ago

2 comments:
Great post!!! And, I love that saying...really makes me think. Thanks, Sis!
Awesome words, awesome post! Your words are exactly what I needed to read today! May God bless you! I totally agree...my Bible is literally falling apart at the seams, and God has been/is faithful.
Hugs,
Suzi
Post a Comment