Monday, August 11, 2008

The great crash of 2008

Back when I first started my blog, I have to admit I was stressed. I had read some blogs for inspiration, for direction, for help. I found fabulous blogs on decorating, cooking blogs that made my mouth water, blogs where the author sounded so interesting I wished I knew her in real life, and blogs that were so inspirational I was looking for God everywhere. Somehow a blog about being able to sing the lyrics to every Disney Princess, Barbie Princess, and Pixar movie realeased since the beginning of time, just pales in comparison.

What's a non-talented, non-whitty, non-inspirational gal to do? I had spent many late nights trying to figure that out, and had come to the conclusion that blogging was better left to the professionals, when B. finished her first day of kindergarten. I found myself flooded with emotion and I just began typing. After getting my first comment, I was addicted. I had no direction, no purpose, no theme, but I was a blogger.

And then, two weeks ago, my computer crashed. I was now an addict with no fix. I felt so out of touch, so out of the loop. I had begun creating my own little bloggy world. And I missed it. I had to know what great find the Nester had stubbled across, how The Pain in Pancreas' boys' swim meet went, how Life with a Lil' Graces' mom's tests turned out, and what new event got Ministry Mama thinking. {Not to mention who was brave enough to respond to the 1930's housewife quiz {{bunch of chicken ladies these friends of mine}} The president just had to get it fixed.

As I patiently waited for us to be up and running, I realized that we each have a place in the blogosphere {even if I still don't have a theme, point of view, or real purpose for my corner}. It is wonderful to see pictures, hear stories, know what needs prayer, laugh with, catch up with, and be inspired by each of you. Thanks for sharing your lives. Now, I've gotta go catch up!

3 comments:

Brad and Amy said...

Welcome back! It is addicting, isn't it? But it does make it SO easy to keep up with friends near and far!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Sorry about your computer ailment...perhaps a moment of silence for your computer is in order??!? Maybe a prayer and smack up the side of the CPU?? I am just glad you are back...love to read what is on your heart. (and that is all you need for an agenda) I don't have any point on my blog, I started my blog in one of the scariest, darkest points in my life. I am not real political, not real up-to-date on issues, but it keeps me trying to see the bright side of this life! And you do have a very creative style of writing, and I love it!
Hugs,
Suzi

The First Lady said...

ahhh! I'll keep you around Suz! Thanks for the boost:)